One of the most common oral issues that people struggle with is discolored and yellowed teeth that ruin the beauty of your smile. Discolored teeth can be caused by many reasons like smoking, an inappropriate diet, poor oral hygiene, genetics, etc., but fortunately, you have many treatment options. Teeth whitening treatment is one of the most used cosmetic dental treatments, widely performed for different patients of different ages and oral conditions. This popular solution helps many patients have their shiny smiles and lost self-confidence back again and lets them laugh and talk publicly without any shame. Although teeth whitening treatment can be significantly beneficial and demanded, using the wrong method can also have consequences like permanent damage to your teeth. As a dental expert applying teeth whitening near Scarborough explains, many people use certain whitening products in an improper way due to their lack of information which is damaging to their oral health.
Some consequences of improper teeth whitening methods are gum irritation, tooth sensitivity, risk of tooth fractures, and loss of protective enamel. So it’s better to use safe and guaranteed ways of teeth whitening to ensure your oral health will be saved and there is no risk of dental damage. Here we list the safest professional and at-home teeth whitening methods you can use if you are interested.
Safe At-Home Teeth Whitening Methods
Almost everyone wants to whiten their teeth using at-home methods and save money by not having to visit a cosmetic dentist. However, not all at-home techniques of teeth whitening are safe. Many patients with severe dental problems visit their dentist because of inappropriate teeth whitening ways at home. You can whiten your teeth at home without causing damage to them by using these safe and effective methods.
- Whitening toothpaste: this type of toothpaste can be beneficial for people who want to whiten their teeth by only about one or two shades. Remember, whitening toothpaste won’t be effective for people with tough stains and extreme discoloration.
- Whitening strips: these home-bleaching products are considered one of the most popular ones to help you if you don’t have severe discoloration problems.
- Whitening rinses: just like whitening toothpaste, whitening rinses in your dental care routine can help you to improve your tooth color up to one of two shades. If you want to achieve better results, rinse your mouth for 60 seconds at least twice a day.
Safe, Professional Teeth Whitening Methods
If your problems can’t be treated with at-home whitening options, you probably are a candidate for professional teeth whitening.
- In-office teeth whitening: your teeth can be professionally whitened with the help of an expert cosmetic dentist. Furthermore, your cosmetic dentist is able to remove any tough stains on your teeth with the use of professional tools.
- The combination of at-home and in-office whitening: some cosmetic dentists may suggest using specific whitening products before the in-office whitening treatment to boost the result.
Remember, a teeth whitening treatment can be significantly beneficial and enhance your smile, but still, you need to be careful about your chosen products and cosmetic dentist.