Working for yourself seems like a dream to most 9-5ers. I get to wake up when I want, eat when I feel like it, go on walks and take a yoga class on my own account. And that, my friends, is absolutely amazing, it’s true! But that also means I have to choose when I work. That’s where the struggle comes in. Especially because I am not the type of person to not work very much. In fact, my imbalances tend towards working too much and not not working enough – just ask my friends who are regularly irritated that I have too much work to hang out. Most of it is self enforced, because when you work for yourself, there is never a “clock out” time. Right now, as I type this, it’s 9:50pm. Peter, who works for himself too and right now is helping me design the Shift Cleanse page, is sitting next to me and we are both drilling away on our computers. Sure, we went for a run at 4:30pm and cooked until about 8, but it’s not the healthiest choice to do a couple of hours of work before going to bed.
That being said, here I am, writing to you because I have a recipe that seems to need documentation today and can’t wait until tomorrow. So here we go- a delicious sandwich that I made Peter for lunch today! Feel free to make it with gluten free bread and dairy free cheese, as I would have eaten it.
- 1 multi grain hot dog bun
- 3 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 basil leaves
- 2-3 pieces of turkey bacon
- 1/3 of an apple
- 1 tsp mustard
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put bacon in a pan over medium heat.
- Let cook on first side for about 5 minutes.
- Toast the bread for 5 minutes.
- Remove the bread from heat and place cheese on both pieces.
- Put back in oven until it melts.
- Chop up 1/3 of your apple.
- Remove cheesy bread from oven.
- Add one slice of bacon on one side of the bread.
- Put apple on top, then bacon, then basil.
- Add mustard to second piece of bread and top your sandwich with it.
- Serve with salad and enjoy!